Data Protection Officer (DPO)
As a federation we continually educate staff, check policies and processes to ensure we meet any new regulation or recommended compliance.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Georgina Kinneir. Georgina is responsible for overseeing the White Horse Federations data protection strategy and its implementation to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements.
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions on how we can improve please contact Georgina using the form on the right.
I strive to ensure all data within the White Horse Federation is safe and secure
Georgina KinneirDirector - Business Services and Compliance and Data Protection Officer
Information Asset Owner (IAO)
Each school or central department within the White Horse Federation has an allocated Information Asset Owner (IAO). The IAO’s role includes:
- Be the focal point for GPDR and data protection within the school or department
- Be aware, monitor and check all data assets and processing activities within your school or department
- Be involved with Subject Access Requests
- Challenge security of IT systems and employees working practice
- Provide data protection training and best practise
- Identify risks for data protection and report these to the DPO for further investigation
Subject Access Request
Please complete this form with information regarding your Data Subject Access request.
If you require guidance on this process please visit: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
Below is a brief description of the type of request:
- Right to Be Informed (Info request): the individual is seeking information that should have been provided to them in the privacy notice, or the notice itself
- Right to Erasure (data deletion): the individual is requesting that their data be deleted and/or ‘forgotten’
- Right of Access: the individual is seeking confirmation that their data is being processed; access to, or a copy, their data, or other supplementary information
- Right to Rectification (update data): the individual is claiming that their data is inaccurate or incomplete, and is requesting that it is rectified
- Right to Data Portability: the individual is requesting a reusable copy of their data, or to have the data transmitted to another entity
- Right to withdraw consent (opt out): the individual is seeking to withdraw their consent to the processing of their data
If you would like to request your child education record please click the button below to complete the form, stating the child’s name in the additional information and select the Right of Access request.
Freedom of Information Request
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) gives you the right to access recorded information held by public sector organisations. Anyone can request information – there are no restrictions on your age, nationality or where you live. (Source: https://www.gov.uk)
Please... complete the form below for your Freedom of Information requests.
We will endeavour to respond within the statutory 20 working days however, once the request has been investigated we will advise if any additional time or potential charges will be required.
Our school is committed to comply with the relevant legislation pertaining to a freedom of information request, and will follow the guidance set out by the Information Commissioner’s Office.