In conjunction with the 2014 National curriculum we aim to offer a high-quality history education, which develops the curiosity of the history of not only our own country, but also the wider world and civilisations of the ancient world.
Through teaching history at Rodbourne Cheney we aim to ensure that all pupils:
- Know and understand significant aspects of the history of the wider world.
- Know and understand the history of these islands as a coherent, chronological narrative, from the earliest times to the present day.
- Understand the methods of historical enquiry.
- Gain and deploy a historically grounded understanding of abstract terms.
- Gain historical perspective by placing their growing knowledge into different contexts.
For more information on the intent, implementation and impact of our History Curriculum, please look at the documents below: